- Selecting a training course
- Choosing a course that is undergraduate
- How to pick between undergraduate courses and unis
- Foundation levels
- Training Excellence Framework (TEF) вЂ“ what you ought to understand
- Start times and activities
- UCAS exhibitions
- Start times guidelines
- Virtual trips
- Find out about uni on a taster course
- Overseas activities
- Obtaining the many away from a UCAS digital event
- Entry needs
- UCAS Tariff points
- Determine your UCAS Tariff points
- Offer rate calculator
- How exactly to make use of the offer price calculator
- On line learning
- What exactly is learning that is online?
- Who’s learning that is online?
- How does online learning work?
- Just how do employers see online degrees?
- Fees and funding for on the web learning
- Ideas to learn online or remotely
- Exactly just How and where you can learn
- Their studies at A british university
- Learning in Welsh
- Learning offshore
- What exactly is Erasmus?
- Signing up to learn abroad
- General immigration and visa information for learning abroad
- Hub reside sessions
Universities and colleges set their very own entry demands for advanced schooling courses, and these vary commonly according to the topic, the particular course, while the program provider. They set the entry demands for every single program to make certain there is the right abilities and knowledge to effectively finish this course. These generally include:
- skills, topics, and exam grades вЂ“ often A amounts, Advanced Highers or equivalent-level qualifications, are occasionally changed into UCAS Tariff points. Many courses may also expect one to possess some qualifications that are pre-16 such as for instance GCSE English and maths, or their equivalents
- your suitability вЂ“ program descriptions frequently mention abilities, passions, or experience it is good to own, so watch out for these records because applications can be very competitive
- an admissions test вЂ“ less frequent, but check out the course needs to see if youвЂ™ll want to stay one. Some recent tests are held the 12 months ahead of the course begin date
- a job interview вЂ“ if you should be invited to a job interview, we will tell you via Track once you have used, nonetheless it could be well well worth doing a bit of very early planning or piecing together a profile if needed
- further needs if you have a criminal recordвЂ“ itвЂ™s possible there may be health, financial, or Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) or Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) checks, which check. These records will be lay out within the program details, and then we provide guidelines and guides that will help you with one of these demands
Contextual admissions and offers that are contextual
Universities and universities realize that your grades may be affected by a variety of factors, so to help make the procedures fairer, some unis provide something called contextual admissions. That is where the college considers any obstacles you might face, and can either reduce their grade demands or offer extra consideration whenever deciding whether or not to offer you an offer. Take a look at this web site to learn more.
UCAS Tariff points
Some program providers utilize UCAS Tariff points inside their entry needs too. This can be a true points total attained by converting qualifications (such as for example a levels) into points, rendering it easier for universities and universities to compare candidates. We provide plenty of advice and helpful tools to assist you work away your points total.
International and EU pupils
- You will need to have A english that is specific language to have a destination on a program.
- You might need to take an English language test approved by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) if you need a student visa вЂ“ anyone living outside the UK and not an EEA or Swiss national вЂ“. If that’s the case, and in the event that you have a spot on a program, advance payday Maine your university enables you to understand what to accomplish, and certainly will assistance with your visa application.
Mature pupils (over 21)
Being a student that is mature universities and universities can provide you certification for a lifetime or work experience if you do not meet with the certification or topic needs:
- Certification of previous learning (APL) is really credit awarded for wider learning, evidenced from self-directed research, work, or training.
- Accreditation learning that is prior experientialAPEL) is a expansion of APL which includes examined learning gained from life and work experience.
Versatile and students that are part-time
Numerous part-time courses have entry demands like full-time courses. Nevertheless, some haven’t any entry demands, yet others have actually approaches to prepare you for advanced schooling included in the program. When you are getting in touch with the uni or university, you are able to check with them whether thereвЂ™s whatever you have to do to be accepted.
In the event that youвЂ™ve been away from training for some time, universities and universities can provide you certification for a lifetime or work experience in the event that you donвЂ™t meet up with the certification or topic demands:
- Certification of prior learning (APL) is really credit awarded for wider learning evidenced from self-directed research, work, or training.
- Accreditation learning that is prior experientialAPEL) is an expansion of APL which includes evaluated learning gained from life and work experience.